SOFTER. LONGER. BETTER.
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — August 1, 2018 — SRIXON®, a global leader in golf ball technology and innovation, announces the launch of the new Soft Feel golf ball. The Srixon Soft Feel is available in Soft White™ and Tour Yellow™ and officially launches in Australia and New Zealand on August 2, 2018.
Now in its 11th generation, Srixon engineered the latest iteration of the Soft Feel specifically for golfers wanting to maximize distance and control with exceptional feel. Featuring a soft cover, innovative core, and upgraded dimple pattern, the Soft Feel delivers all-around performance from tee to green Softer. Longer. Better. The new Soft Feel from Srixon.
To coincide with the launch of the ball range; Srixon is providing a lucky golfer with the experience of a lifetime; a trip for 2 to attend the First Major on the US PGA Tour in April 2019 – hosted by former Australian cricketer Damien Fleming and AFL legend; David ‘Ox’ Schwarz.
Home of the esteemed Green Jacket, Augusta is on the bucket list of many golf fans. Set on a backdrop of blooming azaleas, towering pines and flowering dogwoods, the first Major of the year is steeped in tradition – first played in 1934; it’s winner’s read like a who’s who of golfing legends; Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tiger Woods, Gary Player, Nick Faldo and Phil Mickelson.
“We thought we would give fans of our golf ball another reason to purchase the new ball, by giving them a chance to win the ultimate prize.
Keeping the entry mechanism simple was important for us – purchase any marked pack of our new Soft Feel, Ultisoft or Soft Feel Lady’s and enter the unique promo code on the front of pack on our website. That’s it. That’s how you win.” Said Greg King, National Sales Manager, Srixon.
“The all-new Soft Feel was designed to help players maximize their distance off the tee, while providing even better feel and control,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development. “The latest generation of Soft Feel accomplishes this goal offering a lower compression ball for incredible distance, but a softer cover to provide that greenside performance all players crave. The Soft Feel provides all-around performance at an incredible value which really separates this golf ball from the rest.”
The key technologies inside the new Soft Feel include:
- Energetic Gradient Growth Core. Soft Feel’s core technology provides a high-launch, low spin trajectory off the tee for added distance with an ultra-soft feel.
- Soft, Thin Cover. The softer, thinner cover promotes more greenside spin and a softer feel on all pitches, chips and putts.
- 338 Speed Dimple Pattern. The upgraded dimple pattern reduces drag and cuts through the wind for more accuracy and consistency on every shot.
Independent Test Results:
Srixon worked with Golf Laboratories, Inc. to conduct independent, outdoor robot testing of the new Soft Feel golf ball against key competitors. The results show how Soft Feel provides optimal tee-to-green performance at an incredible value:
- The Energetic Gradient Growth Core and new 338 Speed Dimple Pattern provide ideal launch conditions and less drag, which delivers longer driver distance than more expensive ionomer cover competitors.
- The Soft Feel stands apart in terms of accurate iron play. The core technology, along with the new aerodynamic dimple pattern, allows the new Soft Feel to cut through any conditions, offering more distance, consistency and control with your irons.
- Srixon’s Soft Feel completes its all-around performance, and separates from the competition, with better greenside spin and control. Thanks to the thinner, softer cover, the Soft Feel generates more spin on pitch, chips shots than its more expensive competitors.
The new Srixon Soft Feel will be available in Soft White and Tour Yellow, at all leading golf shops on August 2. Look for the sticker on the front of pack for your entry code to win the Trip for 2 to Augusta.
Based in Huntington Beach, CA, Srixon®, is part of the Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. family and enjoys a strong presence on competitive tours worldwide. Srixon Australasia is based in Peakhurst, NSW. The professional staff includes players such as Hideki Matsuyama, Graeme McDowell, Keegan Bradley, Inbee Park, Ryan Fox as well as many others. Srixon®, with more than 80 years of golf ball manufacturing experience, is committed to providing "Tour-proven, premium golf equipment to passionate golfers seeking to improve their performance while enhancing their experience playing the game of golf.” For more information, please contact Craig Hains, 0459 023 350, firstname.lastname@example.org.